If you’re a fan of delicious pasta dishes, you’re in for a treat. Today, we’re sharing our recipe for the ultimate creamy Tuscan chicken pasta that will have your taste buds exploding with flavor. This dish is perfect for a cozy dinner at home or impressing your friends with your culinary skills.
This Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta combines the flavors of tender chicken breast, parmesan cheese, spinach, and sun-dried tomatoes to create a mouthwatering sensation in every bite. The creamy sauce adds a luxurious touch and makes this dish an instant classic.
Are you ready to discover how to make the perfect Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta? Let’s get started!
Ingredients for Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
Get ready to make this mouth-watering dish with the following ingredients:
- 1 pound of boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces of spinach, chopped
- 1 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 jar (16 ounces) of your favorite cream sauce
Once you’ve gathered all the ingredients, you’re ready to start cooking. Let’s move on to the next section to learn how to prepare the chicken.
Preparing the Chicken
To make your creamy Tuscan chicken pasta, you need to start by cooking the chicken breast. First, heat up a skillet to medium heat. While the skillet is warming up, season your chicken breasts with your favorite seasonings, like salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Once the skillet is hot, place the chicken breasts in the pan and cook for about 6-7 minutes on each side until it turns golden brown. You can also check the internal temperature of the chicken with a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches 165°F (74°C).
Cooking the Pasta
When it comes to pasta, achieving the perfect texture is key. Follow these simple cooking instructions to ensure your pasta is cooked al dente – not too tough, but not too soft. Start by bringing a pot of water to a rolling boil and add a generous amount of salt. The general rule of thumb is to use about a tablespoon of salt for every four quarts of water.
Next, add the pasta to the pot and stir gently to prevent sticking. Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, usually between 8-12 minutes. To check if it’s ready, taste a piece. It should be firm to the bite but not crunchy or undercooked.
Once your pasta is cooked to perfection, drain it in a colander and toss it in a bit of olive oil or butter to prevent it from sticking together. And that’s it! You now have perfectly cooked pasta to add to your Creamy Tuscan Chicken dish.
Making the Creamy Sauce
Are you ready to create the star of this dish? The creamy sauce is essential for achieving the tantalizing taste of Tuscan chicken pasta. Follow these simple steps to make a creamy, flavorful sauce using heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and chicken broth.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add heavy cream, grated parmesan cheese, and chicken broth to the skillet.
- Stir for a few minutes until all ingredients are combined, and the sauce begins to thicken.
- Reduce the heat to low and continue stirring until the sauce reaches your desired consistency.
- Remove the skillet from heat and set it aside.
That’s it! Your creamy sauce is now ready to unite all the flavors of your Tuscan chicken pasta. Be sure to stir the sauce into the pasta and chicken mixture evenly.
Pro tip: If you want your sauce to have more body, try adding a bit of cream cheese to the mixture.
Adding Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes
If you want to elevate the flavors of your Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta, try adding some nutritious spinach and tangy sun-dried tomatoes. Not only will it add some color to your dish, but it will also give it a burst of flavor.
To incorporate spinach, sauté some fresh spinach leaves in a skillet until they’re wilted. Then, add them to your pasta dish and mix well. For sun-dried tomatoes, chop them up into small pieces and sprinkle them over your completed dish.
With these simple additions, your creamy Tuscan chicken pasta will transform into a harmonious blend of flavors that is sure to please your taste buds.
Combining the Chicken, Sauce, and Pasta
After cooking your chicken and making the creamy sauce, it’s time to bring everything together to create the perfect Tuscan pasta dish. Start by adding the cooked chicken to the pan containing the creamy sauce. Make sure you add the chicken in small, bite-sized pieces as this will make it easier to combine with the pasta.
Next, add the pasta to the pan with the chicken and sauce. Stir everything together so that the pasta is well-coated in the creamy sauce. If you find that the sauce is too thick, you can loosen it up by adding a little bit of chicken broth or even some milk.
Finally, it’s time to add the finishing touch to your dish. Take a handful of shredded parmesan cheese and sprinkle it over the top of the pasta. This will add some extra flavor and make the dish even more delicious!
If you want to take your pasta dish to the next level, you can try adding some cream cheese to the creamy sauce. Simply whisk a few tablespoons of cream cheese into the sauce until it’s well-combined. This will give your dish an extra creaminess and richness that is sure to impress.
Now that everything is combined, your Tuscan chicken pasta is ready to serve. Scoop it into bowls or onto plates, and enjoy!
Serving and Storing
Congratulations! Your Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta is ready to serve. Once you’ve plated your meal, don’t forget to top it with some extra parmesan cheese or fresh chopped basil leaves for even more flavor.
If you have any leftovers, it’s best to store them in an airtight container and refrigerate within two hours of cooking. Properly stored, your Tuscan Chicken Pasta can stay fresh for up to three days in the fridge.
When reheating, add a splash of milk or cream to help keep the sauce creamy. Microwave for one to two minutes or until heated through, or reheat in a skillet on the stovetop for a few minutes. Remember not to overheat, as the pasta and chicken can become dry.
Now that you know how to serve and store your Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta, you’re ready to enjoy this delicious meal whenever you want. Buon appetito!
Tips for a Healthier Option
Are you looking for a healthier version of this delicious creamy Tuscan chicken pasta dish? Here are some tips to reduce the calorie count without compromising on taste.
Make This Dish Healthier
- Substitute whole-grain pasta for regular pasta to make this dish more nutritious and fiber-rich.
- Use skinless chicken breasts to reduce the amount of fat in the dish.
- Swap out heavy cream for low-fat milk or Greek yogurt to make the sauce lighter.
- Cut back on the amount of parmesan cheese used or opt for a lower-fat cheese variety.
Omit the Spinach
If you’re not a fan of spinach, you can easily omit it from this recipe. However, you may want to add some extra vegetables to ensure that you’re still getting a balanced meal. Some alternative veggies you can try include:
- Bell peppers
Whatever alternative you choose, just make sure to prepare it according to your preference and add it to the recipe as you would with the spinach.
By making these simple adjustments, you can enjoy a healthier, yet still delicious, version of this classic Tuscan chicken pasta dish.
Variation – Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta
If you’re looking for a quicker and effortless way to make this Tuscan Chicken Pasta, try using your Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker. This variation will save you time and still deliver on the rich and creamy flavors of the original recipe.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- Turn on the Instant Pot and set it to sauté mode. Add olive oil and let it heat up for a minute.
- Add chicken breast to the pot and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Sauté the chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side, until browned.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and set aside on a plate.
- Add uncooked pasta, chicken broth, heavy cream, and grated parmesan cheese to the pot. Stir well to combine.
- Add the chicken back to the pot and close the lid. Set the Instant Pot to manual high pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, perform a quick pressure release.
- Open the lid and stir in spinach and sun-dried tomatoes. Serve hot.
Your Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta is ready to enjoy. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
There you have it – our amazing Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta recipe. We hope you enjoyed making this dish as much as we did. Let us know in the comments below how it turned out and any reader interactions you had while preparing it. We love hearing from our readers and how they loved this recipe.
If you have any suggestions or tips on how to make this recipe even better, please share them with us. Remember, cooking is all about experimentation and making the recipe your own. So don’t be afraid to get creative!
Next time you’re looking for a delicious and satisfying meal, give this Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta a try. It’s sure to become a family favorite, and you’ll love the wonderful flavors of Tuscany right in your own home. Thanks for reading, and happy cooking!
Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced
- 8 oz chopped spinach
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes chopped
- 16 oz jar of cream sauce
- Prepare Chicken:
- Season diced chicken with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Cook in a skillet over medium heat until golden brown and reaches 165°F.
- Cook Pasta:
- Boil water, add salt, and cook pasta until al dente.
- Drain and toss with olive oil or butter to prevent sticking.
- Make Creamy Sauce:
- Heat heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and chicken broth in a skillet until thickened.
- Set aside.
Add Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes:
- Sauté spinach until wilted, then add it to the pasta.
- Sprinkle chopped sun-dried tomatoes over the dish.
Combine Chicken, Sauce, and Pasta:
- Add cooked chicken to the creamy sauce in the skillet.
- Mix in the cooked pasta, ensuring it’s well-coated in the sauce.
Finish with Parmesan:
- Sprinkle shredded parmesan over the top for extra flavor.
Serve and Enjoy:
- Plate the Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta, topping with additional parmesan or fresh basil if desired.
To make it healthier, use whole-grain pasta, skinless chicken, and a lighter cream alternative.
This simplified guide should help you whip up a delightful Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta! Enjoy your cooking!
What is Tuscan Chicken Pasta?
Tuscan Chicken Pasta is a delicious Italian-inspired pasta dish that features tender chicken breast cooked in a creamy sauce with sun-dried tomatoes and spinach.
How do I make Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta?
To make Creamy Tuscan Chicken Pasta, you will need ingredients like spinach, chicken breast, parmesan cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, and cream sauce. Follow our detailed recipe for step-by-step instructions.
How long does it take to cook the chicken?
Cooking the chicken for the Tuscan pasta dish typically takes about 10-12 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts. Cook until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through.
How do I make the pasta al dente?
To achieve the perfect al dente texture for your pasta, follow the cooking instructions on the package and cook for the recommended time. Make sure to salt the pasta water to enhance the flavor.
How do I make the creamy sauce for the pasta?
The creamy sauce for the Tuscan Chicken Pasta is made using heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and chicken broth. Follow our recipe for detailed instructions on how to make the sauce.
Can I omit the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes?
Yes, if you prefer, you can omit the spinach and sun-dried tomatoes from the recipe. However, these ingredients add wonderful flavors and nutritional benefits to the dish.
How do I combine the cooked chicken, sauce, and pasta?
Once the chicken, creamy sauce, and pasta are cooked, simply add the cooked chicken to the creamy sauce in the skillet, then add the cooked pasta. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
How should I serve and store the Tuscan Chicken Pasta?
Once your Tuscan Chicken Pasta is ready, it is best served immediately. If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. To reheat, gently warm the pasta in a skillet or microwave.
Can I make this dish healthier?
If you’re looking to make this dish healthier, you can try omitting the spinach or using a lighter cream sauce. You can also use whole wheat pasta or reduce the amount of cheese used in the recipe.
Can I make Tuscan Chicken Pasta in an Instant Pot?
Yes, you can make a variation of Tuscan Chicken Pasta in an Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker. Follow a specific Instant Pot Tuscan Chicken Pasta recipe for instructions on adapting the dish for this cooking method.