Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe offers a delightful twist to classic comfort food, incorporating the sophistication of fine dining with the warmth of a beloved homemade dish. This upscale rendition elevates the traditional mac and cheese by infusing it with succulent lobster, making it an indulgent treat that can be enjoyed on special occasions or whenever one wishes to savor the essence of luxury in a comforting meal.
Known for combining the rich flavors of cheese, lobster, pasta, and breadcrumbs, the Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe is a testimony to the restaurant’s commitment to providing exquisite flavors in each bite. With the right balance of ingredients and easy-to-follow instructions, this dish can be replicated in home kitchens, allowing even novice cooks to create an exceptional dining experience.
Diving into a plate of this sumptuous lobster mac and cheese strikes the perfect balance between comfort and elegance, satisfying cravings for a heartwarming and indulgent culinary experience. Whether served as a satisfying standalone entree or as a lush accompaniment to a main course, the Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe stands as a testament to the magic that happens when classic comfort food meets fine dining.
Why you will love this Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese Recipe
Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse is well-known for its exquisite dishes, and one culinary journey that should not be missed is their Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe. This delectable dish combines the comforting classic mac and cheese with the rich and luxurious flavor of lobster, creating a memorable experience for your taste buds.
The secret to this amazing dish lies in its harmonious blend of ingredients. Fresh lobster, creamy cheese sauce, and perfectly cooked pasta come together to create a rich and indulgent flavor, transforming a simple mac and cheese into an elevated dining experience. With every bite, you’ll tastefully acknowledge the excellence that has made Ruth’s Chris a renowned steakhouse.
Perfect for special occasions: If you’re looking to add a touch of elegance and decadence to your meal, this Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe is an ideal choice. With its bold flavors and sophisticated presentation, the dish is sure to impress your guests.
Simple to prepare: Despite its luxurious combination of ingredients, this recipe remains relatively straightforward and easy to follow. Cooking this dish in three stages – preparing the lobster meat, cooking the macaroni pasta, and baking everything together – ensures that even a novice cook can master this recipe.
Versatile and adaptable: The Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe can be easily adapted to suit your personal preferences or dietary needs. You can experiment with different types of cheese or even add in some vegetables for added nutrition and flavor.
In summary, the Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese recipe offers a delightful culinary experience that perfectly balances comfort food with a touch of luxury. Its impressive flavors and effortless preparation make this dish an ideal choice for anyone looking to elevate their at-home dining experience and bring the essence of a high-quality steakhouse into their own kitchen.
Cheese Selection for Creaminess
A good lobster mac and cheese starts with the right choice of cheese for achieving creaminess and flavor depth. Use a combination of cheddar, parmesan, and gruyere cheese for the perfect balance of flavors. These cheeses complement each other well and provide a rich, creamy texture.
- Cheddar: 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Parmesan: 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Gruyere: 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese (optional)
Choosing the Right Lobster
Selecting the best lobster ensures a delicious and satisfying result. Aim for 1 lb of cooked lobster meat, chopped into bite-sized pieces. You can either use fresh lobster or good-quality frozen lobster, depending on availability and preference.
- Lobster: 1 lb cooked lobster meat, chopped
Additional Ingredients for Flavor Depth
To enhance the flavor of your lobster mac and cheese, a few key ingredients are necessary. Use the following ingredients in the specified amounts to achieve a rich taste with just the right hint of spice:
- Macaroni: 1 lb elbow macaroni
- Milk: 2 cups whole milk
- Cream: 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Butter: 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- Flour: 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Spices: 1/2 teaspoon salt, pepper to taste
Boil the macaroni in a large pot of salted water until it’s cooked al dente, then drain and set aside. In a medium saucepan, melt the butter and whisk in the flour to create a roux. Gradually whisk in the milk and cream, and continue stirring until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and add the cheeses, salt, and pepper. Stir until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth. Combine the cooked pasta with the cheese sauce and lobster, then bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 25-30 minutes until bubbling and golden brown.
Step-by-Step Instruction for Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese
Cooking the Pasta
Before diving into the preparation of the delicious Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese, ensure that all your necessary ingredients are at hand. First, we will begin by cooking the pasta. The prep time for this recipe usually takes about 10 minutes, while the entire cook time is roughly 30 minutes. Boil a pot of water according to the amount specified on your pasta package. Once the water reaches a rolling boil, add a pinch of salt, and cook the pasta until it is al dente. Stir occasionally to prevent the pasta from sticking together. After cooking, drain the pasta and set it aside.
Prepping the Lobster Meat
Next, let’s focus on the lobster meat; the star ingredient of this dish. After obtaining fresh lobster meat, you can opt to cook it by either boiling or steaming. To boil the lobster, fill a large pot with water and bring it to a boil. Then, gently drop the lobster meat into the boiling water and cook just until the meat turns opaque white. Remove the meat from the pot and let it cool for a few minutes before cutting it into bite-size chunks.
Creating the Cheese Sauce
For the mouth-watering cheese sauce (which elevates the dish), start by melting butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Slowly add whole milk to the melted butter, stirring constantly to create a smooth base for the sauce. Then, gradually add a mix of cheddar, Gruyère, and Parmesan cheese to the saucepan. Stir the sauce regularly, ensuring that it doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pan or become lumpy.
In a baking dish, combine the cooked pasta, lobster meat, and cheese sauce. Mix gently to ensure everything is evenly coated, and then finish by topping the dish with more grated cheese. Bake the dish in a preheated oven at 375°F (190°C) for about 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
This recipe yields approximately 6 servings. Serve your delectable Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese while it’s still warm, and enjoy this comforting, luxurious dish with friends and family.
Assembling the Dish
To assemble Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese, start by preheating the oven to 375°F (190°C). Meanwhile, gather a suitable baking dish, preferably one that is around 9×13 inches in size. Layering the ingredients is a crucial step to ensure an even, well-distributed flavor. Begin by evenly spreading a thin layer of the cooked pasta at the base of the baking dish. Next, add a layer of the cooked lobster, making sure to evenly distribute the seafood. Following this, gently pour the rich and creamy cheese sauce over the lobster and pasta. It should coat the previous layers generously. To make the dish more visually appealing and add an interesting texture, sprinkle a combination of shredded white cheddar and shredded Fontina cheese over the top.
Final Touches before Baking
Before putting the baking dish into the oven, focus on achieving a crispy golden top. To do this, combine Panko breadcrumbs with extra virgin olive oil and freshly grated Parmesan in a small bowl. The mixture should be well mixed and crumbly. For an added pop of color, incorporate ⅓ cup of freshly chopped parsley for garnish. Once the breadcrumb mixture is ready, evenly spread it over the layers of cheese. This will give the dish a satisfying crunchy texture once baked.
To ensure even cooking and a perfectly melted cheesy center, bake the dish in the preheated oven for approximately 25-30 minutes. Keep a close eye on the progress; the Lobster Mac and Cheese should have a beautiful golden crust with bubbling cheese along the edges. Once it reaches this stage, remove the dish from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes to cool slightly before serving. This flavorful, indulgent dish is sure to please your taste buds and satisfy your craving for a rich and creamy seafood delight.
Baking and Serving
Oven Settings and Timing
Before baking, preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) to ensure the ideal cooking temperature. A properly preheated oven promotes even baking and helps the dish reach its full flavor potential. The lobster mac and cheese should be baked for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and bubbly. It’s essential to keep an eye on the progress and adjust the cooking time, if necessary, to avoid overcooking.
When the baking process is complete, carefully remove the dish from the oven and allow it to cool slightly, for about 5 minutes, before serving. This will prevent the dish from being too hot to handle and grants the cheeses a chance to firm up a bit. Garnish the dish with freshly chopped parsley, which adds a vibrant touch of visual appeal and extra flavor.
For a complete meal, consider serving the lobster mac and cheese with a simple vegetable side, like steamed asparagus or green beans. Additionally, a slice of warm garlic bread can complement the rich flavors of the dish, offering diners a scrumptious balance between the creamy mac and cheese and the crisp, buttery bread.
Remember that Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese is a hearty main dish which can be satisfying on its own. However, by adding sides and garnishes, you can elevate the dining experience by catering to a variety of tastes and preferences, all while showcasing your culinary skills.
Customization and Variations
Dietary Adjustments and Substitutions
For individuals with dietary restrictions, there are a few alterations that can be made to cater to their needs. For a gluten-free option, replace the regular pasta with gluten-free pasta and use gluten-free flour in the cheese sauce. Ensure that the other ingredients used are also gluten-free, as some packaged cheese might contain additives with gluten.
For a vegetarian alternative, substitute the lobster with a vegetable of choice, such as broccoli or zucchini, or even use a combination of different vegetables. It is essential to make sure that vegetables are cooked before adding them to the dish to ensure proper cooking.
When it comes to cheese, feel free to switch up the types of shredded cheese to fit your preference. For a creamier, richer flavor, use Gouda or Gruyère, or for a tangier taste, try adding crumbled feta or goat cheese.
Adding a Spicy Twist
To give this classic dish a spicy twist, there are a few options that can be added individually or combined for an extra kick.
- Cayenne pepper: Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper to the cheese sauce, depending on desired heat.
- Hot sauce: Stir in a few drops of your favorite hot sauce to the cheese sauce, or drizzle it on top of the finished dish.
- Jalapeños: Dice 1-2 jalapeños and mix them into the mac and cheese before baking, or use them as a garnish on the finished dish.
Feel free to experiment and adjust the spice levels to suit your palate. With these customizable options, Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese can be tailored to meet various dietary preferences and taste buds.
How to Store and Reheat Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese
To properly store leftover Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese, first allow it to cool down to room temperature. Once cooled, transfer the dish into an airtight container to maintain freshness and prevent any odors from spreading in your refrigerator. Place the container in the refrigerator, where it can be stored for up to 3-4 days.
Best Practices for Reheating
In order to preserve the high quality taste and texture of Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese, consider using one of the following reheating methods:
- Oven Method:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place the lobster mac and cheese in an oven-safe dish, and cover it with aluminum foil to prevent drying out.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until heated through.
- Remove the foil during the last few minutes to allow the top to crisp up and regain its original texture.
- Stovetop Method:
- Warm a non-stick skillet or saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Add a small amount of milk or cream (about 1-2 tablespoons) to the pan to provide some additional moisture.
- Gently stir the mac and cheese occasionally to evenly distribute the heat and prevent sticking.
- Continue heating until the macaroni and cheese is warmed through, typically about 5-10 minutes.
While the microwave is an option, it is generally not recommended for reheating lobster mac and cheese, as it may result in uneven heating and a subpar texture. Stick to the oven or stovetop methods for better results.
Cooking Tips and Techniques
Ensuring Creamy Consistency
To ensure a creamy consistency for Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese, it is important to follow a few key steps. First, make sure to whisk the flour and melted butter together over low heat until well combined. Gradually whisk in the milk and continue stirring to avoid any lumps. Remember that constant stirring is crucial for achieving a smooth cheese sauce.
Choose cheeses that melt well, such as Parmesan and sharp Cheddar. After removing the saucepan from the heat, stir in the grated and shredded cheeses until fully melted, smooth, and well-incorporated. Be careful not to overcook the macaroni – cook it to al dente according to package instructions, as it will continue to cook when baked with the cheese sauce and lobster.
Enhancing the Dish’s Flavor Profile
Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese can be taken to the next level by carefully considering seasonings and flavors. Here are some tips to enhance the dish’s flavor profile:
- Salt and pepper: Season the dish with salt and pepper to taste. These simple seasonings enhance the flavors of the cheese and lobster without overpowering the dish.
- Nutmeg: Add a pinch of grated nutmeg to the cheese sauce to bring a subtle warmth and depth to the dish. Be cautious not to add too much, as nutmeg can be overpowering.
- Fresh lobster: Choose fresh lobster tails for the best taste and texture. Cook them in a pan with a bit of olive oil over medium-high heat for approximately 10 minutes to achieve that perfect balance of tender and juicy.
- Garnish: Consider garnishing the dish with a sprinkle of fresh chives or parsley for a pop of color and freshness.
By following these tips and techniques, you can create a delicious and memorable Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese that will have everyone coming back for seconds.
Pairings and Complements
Recommended Side Dishes
Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese is a luxurious comfort food that provides a flavor explosion with every bite. As a rich and decadent main dish, it’s essential to pair it with side dishes that can balance and enhance the overall dining experience. Here are some suggestions:
- Green Salad: A fresh green salad with a light vinaigrette dressing can provide a crisp contrast to the richness of the Lobster Mac and Cheese. Consider adding thinly sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and a sprinkling of goat cheese or feta for added texture and flavor.
- Grilled Asparagus or Green Beans: These steaming vegetables, seasoned with salt, pepper, and a touch of olive oil, complement the main dish while providing a healthy, fiber-rich component to the meal.
- Garlic Bread or Herb Focaccia: A warm, crusty bread with a hint of garlic or herbs can help soak up the delicious, velvety cheese sauce, allowing diners to savor every last bit.
By choosing side dishes that balance the rich, indulgent nature of the Lobster Mac and Cheese, you can create a well-rounded and unforgettable meal.
When it comes to beverages, it’s essential to consider something that can cleanse the palate and enhance the flavors in the Lobster Mac and Cheese. Here are some beverage options:
- White Wine: Choose a crisp, minerally white wine like a Sauvignon Blanc or an unoaked Chardonnay. These wines have bright acidity that can cut through the richness of the dish and highlight the lobster’s sweetness.
- Sparkling Wine: A bubbly Prosecco or Cava offers effervescence that can help refresh the palate, making each bite of the creamy Lobster Mac and Cheese as enjoyable as the first.
- Beer: A lighter, crisp beer like a Pilsner or a Kölsch can also be an excellent choice, providing a refreshing contrast to the robust flavors in the dish.
- Non-Alcoholic: A light, sparkling lemon or lime-flavored soda can help cleanse the palate and provide a refreshing contrast to the rich dish.
Selecting the right beverage to accompany Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese can elevate the dining experience by harmonizing flavors and enhancing the dish’s overall appeal.
Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese
- Large pot for boiling pasta
- Medium saucepan
- Baking dish (9×13 inches)
Cheese Selection for Creaminess:
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese optional
Choosing the Right Lobster:
- 1 lb cooked lobster meat chopped
- Additional Ingredients for Flavor Depth:
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1/3 cup freshly chopped parsley
Cook the Pasta:
- Boil macaroni in salted water until al dente.
- Drain and set aside.
Prep the Lobster Meat:
- Cook lobster (boil or steam) until opaque white.
- Chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Create the Cheese Sauce:
- Melt butter in a saucepan.
- Whisk in flour to create a roux.
- Gradually whisk in milk and cream until thickened.
- Add cheddar, Parmesan, and Gruyere, salt, and pepper. Stir until smooth.
Assemble the Dish:
- In a baking dish, layer macaroni, lobster, and cheese sauce.
- Top with additional shredded cheese.
Prepare Breadcrumb Topping:
- Mix Panko breadcrumbs, olive oil, Parmesan, and chopped parsley.
- Spread over the mac and cheese.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown and bubbly.
- Allow the dish to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with fresh parsley.
- Calories: 800
- Total Fat: 45g
- Saturated Fat: 25g
- Cholesterol: 150mg
- Sodium: 800mg
- Total Carbohydrates: 65g
- Dietary Fiber: 3g
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 35g
Frequently Asked Questions
How many calories are in Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese?
Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese is a delicious, rich dish. The calorie count can vary depending on the recipe and serving size. As a general guideline, one serving can range between 600 and 900 calories. Bear in mind that this dish is a decadent treat and should be enjoyed in moderation.
What is the nutritional content of Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese?
Given its rich ingredients like lobster, cheese, and pasta, this dish provides protein, carbohydrates, and fat. In addition to calories, it contains varying amounts of sodium, cholesterol, and other nutrients. It is important to maintain a balanced diet and incorporate diverse foods, so consider enjoying Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese as an occasional treat rather than a regular meal.
How can I make a green chile mac and cheese similar to Ruth’s Chris?
To make a green chile mac and cheese inspired by Ruth’s Chris, simply incorporate roasted, diced green chiles into the cheese sauce. You can also add other ingredients such as cumin, cilantro, and pepper jack cheese for a spicier flavor profile. This twist on the classic dish brings a new depth of flavor and a hint of heat.
Is there a recipe similar to Drago’s Lobster Mac and Cheese?
Though not identical, Drago’s Lobster Mac and Cheese is another delightful dish. To create a similar recipe, combine cooked pasta with a cheese sauce made from a blend of cheeses, such as cheddar and gruyere. Add cooked lobster meat and finish with a crunchy breadcrumb topping. Bake to perfection for a delicious and indulgent meal.
What are some reviews for Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese?
Reviews for Ruth’s Chris Lobster Mac and Cheese are generally favorable. Customers often praise its rich, creamy texture and the excellent quality of the lobster. Some may find the dish a bit heavy, but most enjoy it as a luxurious treat. As with any dish, individual taste preferences may vary, but the consensus is that this dish is a crowd-pleaser.
What are suitable pairings with lobster mac and cheese at a dinner for two?
For a well-rounded meal, consider pairing lobster mac and cheese with light, fresh elements that complement its richness. A crisp, green salad with a tangy vinaigrette balances the dish’s creaminess. Steamed or roasted vegetables, such as asparagus or Brussels sprouts, make for healthy, flavorful sides. To complete the experience, select a white wine with good acidity, such as Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay, to cut through the dish’s richness and cleanse the palate.